Attention Motörhead fans! One of the most beloved Motörhead albums of all time, Ace of Spades, is approaching its 40th anniversary – and to honor this momentous occasion, we can look forward to both deluxe collector’s box-set and special 40th-anniversary editions being released on October 30th, 2020. Check out a new video above for a previously unreleased live version of Ace of Spades live from Belfast in 1981.
“Upon its release in 1980, the Ace Of Spades album was nothing short of a game-changer for all forms of hard rock. Like lightning in a bottle, it perfectly captured everything great about hard rock, heavy metal, and punk, amped it all up to 11, and came racing out of the gates at what felt like a million miles an hour, pushing at every musical boundary. Nothing was harder. Nothing was faster. And certainly nothing was louder.”
Available in new deluxe editions, there will be hardback book-packs in two CD and triple LP formats, featuring a previously unheard concert from the Ace Up Your Sleeve tour, the story of the album and many previously unseen photos. Also, the album will be released as an ultimate fan, collector edition Ace Of Spades box set, containing a bevy of era-specific treasures and some 42 previously unreleased tracks!
The Ace Of Spades Deluxe box set contains:
- The Ace Of Spades album, half-speed mastered and created from the original master tapes.
- Two double-live albums of previously unheard concerts from the Ace Up Your Sleeve tour.
- A Fistful Of Instrumentals: A 10” EP of previously unreleased, instrumental tracks from 1980.
- The Good, The Broke & The Ugly. A double album of B-sides, outtakes and rare tracks.
- Ace On Your Screens: A DVD compilation of rare TV appearances from 1980-81, a live concert from 1981 and a 5.1 audio mix of the original album.
- The Ace Of Spades story. A 40 page book telling the story of Ace Of Spades through previously unpublished interviews with the people that were there. Includes never before seen photos and memorabilia.
- The Ace Up Your Sleeve tour programme
- The Motörhead Rock Commando comic.
- A set of 5 poker dice that can be played on the game board inside the box set lid.
- All encased in a classic Wild West dynamite box.
- A limited edition 7″ reproduction of the Dutch Ace Of Spades, with a previously unreleased instrumental version on Side B. (while stock last!)
Visit www.iMotorhead.com for news and updates!