Jay Leno is currently receiving treatment at a Los Angeles burn center after being seriously injured in a car fire over the weekend.
In a statement released on Monday, Leno said, “I got some serious burns from a gasoline fire. I am ok. Just need a week or two to get back on my feet.”
On Sunday, TMZ reported that Leno was hospitalized after a fire erupted in his Los Angeles car garage. One of the cars reportedly burst into flames burning “the left side of Jay’s face, but thankfully did not penetrate his eye or his ear.”
The former Tonight Show host was scheduled to perform at a financial conference in Las Vegas on Sunday night but couldn’t attend.
“His family was not able to provide us very many details,” said in an email sent to conference attendees, which People obtained on Monday. “But there was a very serious medical emergency that is preventing Jay from traveling.”
At the time of the email, Leno’s facial burns were not disclosed.