KSAN-FM/KNBR-AM/KGO-AM/KSFO-AM’s “BAY AREA TRAVEL ADVENTURE
SHOW: MSC CRUISE” Contest
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of radio station KSAN-FM/KNBR-AM/KGO-AM/KSFO-AM (“Station”), owned and operated by Susquehanna Radio LLC and San Francisco Radio Assets LLC located at 750 Battery Street, San Francisco, CA 94111, during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Station will conduct the “BAY AREA TRAVEL ADVENTURE SHOW: MSC CRUISE” Contest (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
- Unless otherwise specified, all Contests are open only to legal U.S. residents age twenty-one (21) years or older at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number and who reside in the San Francisco Designated Market Area, as defined by Nielsen Audio. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Susquehanna Radio LLC and San Francisco Radio Assets, LLC, its parent company, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, prize providers, advertising agencies, other radio stations serving the Cumulus radio station’s listening area, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. An individual may win a Contest valued under $600 once every thirty (30) days unless otherwise specifically stated. An individual may win a Contest valued at $600 or more once every six (6) months unless otherwise specifically stated. Contests are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Contest Period. The Contest will begin at 12:00 A.M., PT on Monday, March 2, 2020, and will run through 11:59 P.M., PT on Sunday, March 15, 2020 (the “Contest Period”). The Station’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
- How to Enter. Online: Visit any of the Station’s websites: knbr.com/contests/, www.kgoradio.com/contests/, www.ksfo.com/contests/, or www.1077thebone.com/contests-and-giveaways/ during the Contest Period, click on the “Contest” link, and complete an entry form. All entries must be received by 11:59pm PT on 3/15/2020 to be eligible for the Grand Prize drawing. Limit one (1) entry per person per day, regardless of how many email addresses a person may possess and use. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any participant to submit more than one (1) entry per day by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entry and the participant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Station is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, inappropriate or misdirected registrations, all of which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the telephone number by the wireless carrier or an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Station and will not be returned. Station reserves the right to contact entrants and all other individuals whose email address is submitted as part of this promotion. No mail-in entries will be accepted. On or around 10:00am on Monday, March 16, 2020, The Station will draw one (1) entry in a random drawing out of all entries and they will be notified via phone and/or email that they are potentially the grand prize winner. One (1) person will be chosen from all entries collected across all four (4) stations.
- Winner Selection. One (1) grand prize winner will be selected from entries collected online from all four (4) stations (KNBR, KSAN, KGO, KSFO). The winning entrant will be contacted using the email address and/or telephone number provided with the entry and may be awarded the prize (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules). Station’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Failure to respond to the initial verification contact within three (3) days of notification will result in disqualification.
- Verification of Potential Winner. THE ELIGIBLITY OF POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNERS IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY STATION WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner may be notified by telephone call after the date of random drawing. The potential winner will be required to sign and return to Station, within twenty-four (24) hours of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize, if applicable. A winner who returns the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within the required time period will be deemed to have accepted the prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential winner of a contest prize is disqualified for any reason, Station may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
- Grand Prize. One (1) grand prize winner will be selected from all eligible qualifiers on or around Monday, March 16, 2020, between 8:30 A.M. – 10:00 A.M. PT. The Grand Prize includes a seven (7) night cruise for two (2) adults to Eastern or Western Caribbean, and roundtrip coach airfare for two (2) people from San Francisco, California, to Miami, Florida, up to $1,000.00 (one-thousand dollars). Balcony state room. Travel time during 2020 Caribbean season. Total ARV of the grand prize (including airfare and cruise) is four thousand dollars ($4,000.00). Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period and listeners participating at any given time. Once the Winner selects his/her timing and location, then they cannon change and/or alter the destination for any reason. If winner does not make their flight, Cumulus San Francisco is not responsible or reliable to provide a replacement prize or airfare. Prize is non-transferable and not redeemable for cash value. Winner and their guest each have to pay $150 (one-hundred and fifty dollars) in government port taxes.
There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Any tickets and/or gift certificates/cards awarded as part of a prize will be subject to the terms and conditions set forth by the issuer and are valid only on the date(s) printed on the tickets or gift certificates/cards. Other restrictions may apply.
Grand Prize Trip must be taken during the 2020 Caribbean season (subject to blackout dates). Travel dates to be mutually agreed upon by winner and Station. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary. Winner’s guest must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older. Grand Prize Trip is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Station’s sole discretion. This prize does not contain overnight accommodations before or after the cruise, all of which are the sole and exclusive responsibility of the Winner and his/her selected guest.
- Entry Conditions and Release. By entering, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Station, Cumulus Media New Holdings, Inc., and its subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the prize.
- Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to use by the Station and its agents of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or biographical information (including hometown and state) for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
- All State, Local, Federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
- General Conditions. Station reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Station’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Station in its sole discretion. Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Station reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Station, entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that a production, technical, programming or other error causes more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be claimed, Station reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate state court located in the Station’s listening area; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Station in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state in which the Station is located, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state in which the Station is located or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state in which the Station is located.
- Contest Results. A winners list may be obtained after Monday, March 16, 2020 and for thirty days following conclusion of the Contest by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Station identified below.
Additional San Francisco Airfare Voucher Rules:
Timing, eligibility, limitations: Winner and guest must have valid passports at the time of trip booking. Participants and winner (2) must be at least 21 years old at the time of entry and a legal resident of the United States as determined by the company. Previous winners, employees of the company, this sweepstakes’ participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate to win. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these official rules and main sponsor’s and administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
Prizes/taxes: company/sponsor makes no warranties with regard to the prizes. Prizes are non-transferable, no substitution will be made, and no cash equivalent will be provided. All taxes, fees and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of winner. Prize includes: roundtrip coach airfare for (2) from San Francisco to Miami. ARV of prizes: $1,000 USD. Actual value may vary based on availability. Once flight is arranged, airfare is non-cancelable. Winner is solely responsible for their own conduct while accepting the prize and agrees to comply with all applicable laws and regulations pertaining to use and enjoyment of the prize. All travel reservations must be arranged a minimum of 45 days in advance. All travel must be completed by March 2nd, 2021.
Conditions and release: by participating in this sweepstakes, all participants and winner (s) grand the company exclusive permission to use their names, location, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other sweepstakes and waive any claims.
To royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the company/sponsor, its employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense which may occur from the conduct.
Of, preparation for, travel to, or participation in, the sweepstakes, or from the use or misuse of any prize or participation of any related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion or privacy and merchandise delivery. Company/sponsor is not responsible if sweepstakes cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded/delivered due to travel cancellations, delays, or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, or weather.
CONTEST SPONSOR(S): Susquehanna Radio LLC and Cumulus Broadcasting LLC, KSAN/KNBR/KGO/KSFO, 750 Battery Street, San Francisco, CA 94111 and Unicomm, LLC, (the Bay Area Travel Adventure Show), 284-C Quarry Road, PO BOX 5010, Milford, CT, 06460; MSC Cruises, 6750 N. Andrews Ave, Suite 100, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309.